(1) This lesson is _______ than the last one.
A. more easier
B. more easy
C. very easier
D. much easier
(2) The football match was ______ because of heavy rain.
(3) The stone was so heavy that it was difficult for the old man to ____ it.
(4) When we saw his face，we knew _______ was bad.
A. the news
B. some news
C. a news
(5) At the peak of his ____，he was appointed chairman of the board of the big company.
(6) What would you ________ to eat tonight?
(7) Most students didn't ____ what he had said in class.
(8) Drunken driving is the main ____ of traffic accidents.
(9) If you pay 100 dollars for this 70 dollar dress，the sales girl should return you 30 dollars ____.
(10) Man's wearing skirt is characteristic _____ Scotland.
(11) _____ the circumstances，there is no hope of the patient's quick recovery.
(12) At the meeting，no member could ______ proper solution to the serious problem.
A. put up with
B. catch up with
C. come up with
D. keep up with
(13) The policeman caught the man _________ the arm.
(14) I ________ my bicycle on the left side.
A. get off from
B. get down
C. get down from
D. get off
(15) Look what father_______ me when he came from work .
(16) The medicine will ______ you good.
(17) ________ your step，or you might fall into the water.
D. Look at
(18) This novel is worthy of _______.
C. having read
D. being read
(19) She can speak Japanese better than ________else.
A. the one
B. no one
(20) I wish you‘d consider _______ to Miami with us this vacation.
B. that you‘ll go
C. to go
D. to going